The Divine Mercy RC Primary School - Curriculum Intent
Whole School Intent:
- Learning is a sacred experience which helps us to make Christ known in our world today.
- Learning at The Divine Mercy RC is rooted in the principles of Catholic Social Teaching, inspired by the example of Pope Francis.
- At The Divine Mercy we provide opportunities for children to develop as independent, confident, successful learners with high aspirations.
- We raise aspirations, engender a sense of personal pride in achievement, provide a purpose and relevance for learning and ultimately help every student to find their own gifts, strengths and interests.
- We encourage pupils to respect each other and have respect for people of all faiths, race and gender, ensuring children are well prepared for life in a rapidly changing world.
- Our learners know how to make a positive and transformational contribution to their community and wider society.
- We encourage our pupils to be the Gospel Activists in a rapidly changing social context.
- At The Divine Mercy we promote high expectations and standards in reading, writing and maths across a range of subject areas.
- Oracy at The Divine Mercy helps us to develop the communication skills necessary for learning and life.
- Learning is memorable – we provide diverse and SMSC rich opportunities from which children learn and develop a range of transferable skills.