Year 3 PE days are:
Your child needs to come to school wearing their PE kit.
They should also wear their school uniform jumper on these days.
For inside PE they may in bare feet so must not have tights on.
Your child’s weekly homework is to read their home-reader book, practice their weekly spellings and practice their times tables:
Your child will be given a reading book every week which they need to read and bring back on the following week.
- When they have finished the book they complete a book review sheet to hand in on their day of the week.
- It is advised to have the reading folder in every day so that they can be read with during the day with an adult.
- They have a reading record which needs to be filled out with a comment by an adult or older sibling who hears them read. In addition to listening to your child read aloud it is also important to have discussions and ask questions about the book to help your child’s understanding of what they read. Example questions you could ask are included on the additional sheet.
Learning spellings and times tables:
- Spelling test and times table test every Friday.
- Your child has taken home a list of all the spellings and times tables to learn for the half term.
- Your child has taken home information about different strategies for practising spellings. It is good to use a few different ways - find the ones which work for you. The children also have Times Tables Rock Stars and Spelling Shed accounts which they can use to practise spellings and times tables. Please come and ask if you need help logging in.