We take eSafety very seriously at The Divine Mercy RC Primary School. A copy of our eSafety policy is available under the School Policies page. A section on eSafety is included in our Home School Agreement that all parent/carers are expected to sign.
- Would you let your child walk though Manchester city centre on their own at 11pm? Letting them on the internet unsupervised can be just as dangerous!
- Do you know what your child is doing online?
- Would you like to know how to help your child learn how to safely use the internet?
Can the eSafety page please be updated:
- remove text and link to the Sue Hargreaves eSafety meeting (see below)
- add this link to top of recommended links to look at - https://www.net-aware.org.uk/#
Further websites with useful eSafety information are listed below:
- www.thinkuknow.co.uk (information for parents and children by age group – also the report button)
- www.saferinternet.org.uk (information on all areas but particularly good re how to set up filters etc – advice > parents)
- www.childnet.com (lots of resources – the parent guide in different languages is good too)
- www.beatbullying.org (cybermentors)
- http://www.vodafone.com/content/parents.html (really good magazine style site with articles on all areas including how to have the awkward tech conversations with children)
Below are some of the eSafety posters on display at the school. Click on the poster to view a larger image.
Please click HERE to see the dangers of uploading onto youtube
PLEASE ENSURE YOU SUPERVISE YOUR CHILD WHEN THEY ARE VIEWING THE INTERNET.
If you have any eSafety concerns click on the CEOP REPORT button at the bottom of the page to get further help.